When it comes to face creams I am a bit hesitant to try just anything. As someone that had very bad acne in high school, I still fear having it return and having to play a layer of foundation to cover up pimples. I have been using this cream for well over a year and my skin still feels amazing and no breakouts.
It is super easy to make and a little really goes a long way. By including zinc oxide also adds some form of sun protection. But if you are going to be at the beach or in the sun the entire day, I would recommend applying more sun cream throughout the day.
In order to make this recipe, you are either going to use a microwave or stovetop to melt your ingredients as well as a blender to whip it afterwards.
- 75g shea butter
- 75g coconut oil
- 50g jojoba oil
- 20g evening primrose oil
- 10 g zinc oxide
- 30 drops of essential oil ( I love to use ylang ylang)
- Combine shea butter, coconut oil and jojoba oil in a glass bowl and heat it (oven, microwave, double boiler) until all the ingredients and melted.
- Remove your bowl from the heat and the remaining ingredients and mix it well.
- Wait until the bowl has cooled a little (10-20 minute). Give the mixture a good stir and place in the fridge for 4-5 hours to give it time to almost solidify.
- Once it feels firm when you touch it, remove it from the fridge and give it a whip with a hand or electric mixer. This will give it a fluffy white texture.
- Your face cream is now ready to be transferred into a glass container of your choice and ready to be used every morning. Start by only using a little as it can look very oily, a little really goes a long way.