This spray is my go-to, to remove tough watermarks from our shower screen, tiles and also to give the faucets a good clean as well as around the toilet. It works wonders, but I have found that sometimes it can be a little sticky afterwards, therefore I recommend after you have cleaned the surface with the hard watermark remover to just give it a wipe with a water damped clean cloth. This will take the stickiness away and leave your surface shinning. I often dry the area with a microfibre cloth, especially for the faucets and they sparkle like new. What I love about this recipe is that it is so easy to make from only three ingredients.
- 125ml hot water. (I like to boil water and let it cool a bit down and then use it.)
- 60g Citric Acid
- 10 drops of essential oil of your choice (I love to mix a few oils together my favourite is tea tree and grapefruit oil but I sometimes also combine tea tree and lavender as well.
- Add your citric acid and water together in a glass container, make sure all the citric acid has dissolved and mixed in well.
- Once your mixture is cooled, pour your water citric acid mix into a container of your choice, I prefer to use a glass bottle with a trigger spray.
- Add essential oils to the water citric mix, close the bottle and give it a good shake.
- Now you are ready to tackle all the hard water stains by spraying the surface, leaving the spray on the surface for a few minutes and then wipe it down and rise either with water if it is your glass screen or use a damp cloth. If the stains are a bit more tricky to remove, you can give it a little scrub with an old toothbrush or dish brush. Afterwards, wipe dry with a microfibre cloth.
- Remember the give your mix a little shake before each use.